Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer in a Nutshell

I realize that I have not written anything about my summer, suffice to say that I have had a very out of the ordinary past two months! I lived at home this summer with my family. I was not working, I was not in school, and I didn't travel to any extraordinary places. I decided to just be this summer, to let life happen day by day. It was such a freeing experience, and God taught me a lot through it. He taught me patience. He reminded me of His grace. He taught me to slow down and enjoy the beauty of things. He showed me more about the importance of family. He brought new friends into my life. He reconnected me with old ones. I was certainly busy reading and traveling and catching up with friends and hanging out with my family and attending weddings. However, I had no set agenda. I took a sabbatical without feeling guilty for doing so. It is a summer I will remember for the rest of my life.
Here are some pictures that show some of the things I did this summer:
The big Ben & Jerry's rocking chair!

Excited about the Hedgpeth renovations!

"The Color Purple" musical with camp friends!

Trying on long dresses with Jilene!

Campbell with Abigail!

Davidson, NC

White Lake with friends!

The guys at White Lake!

Abigail and I had lunch with Melynda and Billy!

Visiting Robyn in Raleigh!

Me and Robyn at the Thad Cockrell concert!

Me and Robyn at Advance09!

Charleston with Mom!

Rainbow Row in Charleston

Lazy 5 Ranch with Ruthie!

Feeding the camels at Lazy 5 Ranch!

Sarah Trezise Sweeley's wedding

Me and Kevin at The Fray concert! This picture made it into a aviators blog.

Mike and Kelly Puckett's wedding!

Best reception site EVER

Reunion with youth group girls!

Another reunion with more youth group girls!

Hanging out with Amy in Greensboro

Chillin with Deanna

Babysitting for Dunn, the cutest little kid ever!

The shirt I got Daddy for Father's Day

Veteran's Memorial in Broadway, NC

Hanging out with Scott and Amy at Ikea

After the Davidson parade on the 4th of July!

Watermelon!

Barefoot in the Park play with James

Lake Norman boat ride with Mom!

Flowers for Faye at The Well in Pineville

Oak Island!

Me, Sarah, and Rachael in front of Hatch Auditorium at Camp Caswell!

Charlotte skyline

Keri and Dayn's wedding!

No comments: