Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Greater things are yet to come

Tonight Virginia and I went to Campus Christian Fellowship at NC State, where her cousin Nathan is interning at. What a blessing it was! It was so encouraging to see how welcoming everyone there was. We literally could not stop talking about it on the way back. It was also apparent that they really value studying and teaching the Word. The community there was so open and real and willing to discuss Scripture in a genuine way. I crave that kind of community. I have experienced it here at Campbell, but I think it's something that could be improved. I am going to be praying about ways that can change on this campus. I want to have a more solid community and leave a legacy for the incoming freshman each year. I hope to go back to CCF sometime and get to know the people there better. Very, very cool night. :)

Aside from all of that, I have had a lot of random things going through my brain tonight. Lots of great thoughts about things of the past and possibilities for the future.

I'm not sure why, but I have a strong desire to be in New York City right now. There are times when I step outside of the "thriving metropolis" of Buies Creek and think about the tangible needs that so many people have. I am led to think about all of the people I have met during the time I have spent in New York. I think about Wee and Peiyin and Rocco and Angel. They have each changed my life more than they know. Perhaps I will be able to go back this coming summer. I am still going to go up there and start a coffee shop with Robyn one day.

I have also been thinking about New Zealand and Australia quite a bit lately. I learned this past weekend that only one percent of the population there are evangelical Christians. I want the people there to know Jesus in a real way, and I am pretty sure I want to do something about that. I am still trying to figure out what that might be.

On a side note, I am in the process of writing a song that I can play on the guitar. Maybe even sing it too. My inspiration: Ingrid Michaelson and Shelly Moore.

Jilene and I have decided to work on a song or two for the Monday Night Bible Study Coffee House. I will play guitar and she will sing. It should be interesting and fun. :)

I also found out a few days ago that I will be speaking at the Honors Banquet at Campbell next Monday. I am so excited about it! It's so great to have so many wonderful opportunities right before I graduate.

Also, in the next couple of weeks I am going to start writing for myMISSIONfulfilled.com, a website for young women that is owned and operated by the Woman's Missionary Union. I am definitely ready to start writing now! My first article will be about Bread for the World and will be in the Social Justice section. I have prayed about this for months now and I can't believe it is actually a reality! What a blessing straight from God. Be on the lookout for my writing in the coming months. :)

I am so incredibly blessed. Life is grand, and God is good.

No comments: